Sunsparks (Season 4/5) vs. Aether Main (Season 1):
Sunsparks, the season four and five MPL-Philippines winners, have won their opening match in the Mobile Legends: Bang Bang MPL-PH Champion Invitational. It wasn’t a walk in the park though as an early lead was torn away and forced a fifth and final match.
Things looked to be all Sunsparks early on with the latest and back-to-back MPL-PH champions going up 2-0 in the series with some quick matches to set up match point.
Aether Main, the season one champions, wouldn’t be going down without a fight, however, as vintage performances out of Coco and Yuji gave the team the opening they needed to bring it to 2-1. They would use that momentum to storm into match four and once again showcase exactly why they were the inaugural champions of MPL-PH.
Unfortunately their fairytale come back would end there as Jaypee took the reigns for Sunsparks with a sneaky play into the backline. The young star would finish with eight kills, seven assists, and three deaths to help guide his team to the ultimate victory in the fifth match.
ArkAngel (Season 3) vs. Cignal Ultra (Season 2):
It was another nail biter on the other side of the bracket between the season 3 and 2 champions. It wasn’t as lopsided in the start with both teams showing strength out of the gate.
Ryo, the current coach of ONIC PH, showed that he’s still got the mechanics to compete as he dominated throughout the series and especially in the fifth match. He would net himself seven kills, nine assists, and only one death to help his team secure the final map and series 3-2.
Week 1 – day 2:
One day two we’ll see Sunsparks up against Cignal Ultra while Aether Main and ArkAngel battle it out.
VPEsports is releasing interviews with all MPL-PH teams. Check out their opinions on MLBB, mobile games, etc., and please stay tuned for more fresh and interesting interviews and stories!:
- SGD Omega tells who the best up & coming players are
- Bren Esports – pheww says mobile esports can match that of PC
- Team BSB says who the best player in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang is & more
- GeekFam wants Fanny to be competitive in MLBB and explains how to fix her – interview
- Blacklist International’s DEX STAR wants the Season 3 meta back; “Even EVOS Indonesia & EVOS SG weren’t able to beat us in scrims”
- Blacklist International coach BON CHAN believes the Mage mid meta: “requires skill, timing, and lots of action rather than farming all day long”
- HONDA BEAST: “My MLBB Journey will be completed if ever we win a championship”
- KIL LER of Blacklist International: “a higher prize pool would really motivate people to strive for MLBB”
- MLBB pro Aqua: “Tuuu is part of the top 100 global players, he is hardworking and can get along the pros”
- Sunsparks’ Rafflesia: “The best thing to happen to MLBB was the update to the ranking system”
- Yuji of STI Mobile Legends: Bang bang – “The best thing so far is having a 30yrs ban to maphack users”
- Mobile Legends: Bang Bang ULVL – “MLBB being a PC game would be more complicated. More keys to press, more keys to memorize. It would be like Dota.”
- Mobile Legends: Bang Bang pro Riddler – “I was a Chess player before going pro”
- Sunsparks answer questions about MLBB, favorite meta, heroes, and more
- ONIC PH’s Mobile Legends: Bang Bang player Wise: “I think SGD is the best team right now”
- Team BSB’s Mobile Legends: Bang Bang player Jeraxnu wants: “heavy punishment for players who feed and AFK”